Chart Format Tab
The Chart Format tab is a collection of icons for chart object properties. It allows you to specify the size, location of a chart and set chart properties such as alignment, rotation, effect or else.
Chart Format Tab
||Set a chart element to format it.
- Format Selection: Show the Object Properties task pane and set the properties of the selected area in detail.
||Show the shape image collection so that you can select and insert a shape you want.
||Show the Object Properties task pane, which allows you to specify various fill effect, line properties, and shape effects.
||Provide the shape style image collection that incorporates various fill properties, line properties, and effects.
Click the More button () to unfold the image collection.
||Fill the selected shape with gradation, pattern, texture/picture as wll as a solid color.
- Picture: Fills the object with a picture.
- Gradation: Fill the object with gradation for gradual color spread. Click Other Gradations to set the properties in detail.
- Texture: Fill the object with texture. Click Other Textures to set the properties in detail.
- Pattern: Fill the object with a pattern. Click Other Patterns to set the properties in detail.
||Specify the outline color, weight and type of the selected object.
- Line Weight: Select a line weight for objects. You can apply one of the items provided in the list, or click Other Lines to set the properties in detail.
- Line Type: Select a line type for objects. You can apply one of the items provided in the list, or click Other Lines to set the properties in detail.
- Arrow Style: Select a shape for arrows. You can apply one of the items provided in the list, or click Other Arrows to set the properties in detail.
||Apply Shadow, Reflection, Neon, Soft Edges, and 3-D effects to objects.
||Specify how text is wrapped around the selected object.
- In Line with Text: Treat the object as a regular text. Therefore, its position changes when you type or delete text.
- Square: Place the object and body text to allow them share the same lines without overlapping each other and to let the body text flow around the object.
- Top and Bottom: Place an object to occupy the space of height of an object.
- Tight: Place the body text to flow around the object with tight margin.
- Through: Place the body text to show through an object.
- In Front of Text: Place the object in front of the body text.
- Behind Text: Place the body text to be filled as if there were no object. The object is used as the background of the body text.
- Move Object with Text: Keep an object with the text to which it’s anchored even if you add more text above it.
- Fix Position on Page: Fix an object on the current position even if you add more text above it.
- Layout Settings: Open the Layout Settings dialog box.
||Specify the position of the selected object. Select one of the positions where you want to place the selected object.
||This is not available when a chart is selected.
||Bring the object to forward when multiple objects are overlapped. Click the drop-down button () to show the following menus:
- Bring to Front: Bring the selected object to the front.
- Bring Forward: Move the selected object one object forward.
||Send the object to backward when multiple objects are overlapped. Click the drop-down button () to show the following menus:
- Send to Back: Send the selected object to the back.
- Send Backward: Move the selected object one object backward.
||Specify the base alignment position or the space distribution between objects when multiple objects are selected. Click the icon to show the following menus.
- Align: Select from Align Left, Align Center, Align Right, Align Top, Align Middle, and Align Bottom.
- Distribute: Select from Distribute Horizontally, and Distribute Vertically.
- Set: Select from Align to Page, Align to Margin, or Align to Selected Object.
- Snap Effect: Select either Use Alignment Guides or View Gridlines.
- Grid Settings: Open the Grid and Guides dialog box.
||Specify the width of the selected object.
||Specify the height of the selected object.
||Select this option to maintain aspect ratio when changing either width or height of the selected object.